Terms & Conditions
Ownet Limited is registered in England at 1-7 Station Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1HT; company registered number 10128993.
Copywrite to this entire website is owned by Ownet with all rights reserved © 2017.
On this page are the terms and conditions for use of the website and this includes our data protection policy.
Website Terms and Conditions
- ‘Ownet’ means Ownet Limited and any subsidiary companies and as the context allows the employees, agents and owners of those companies;
- ‘Website’ means all pages contained in the website ownet.co.uk;
- ‘App’ means the Ownet applet designed for use on Android or iOS powered devices;
- ‘Services’ means the features and information provided on the Website and through the App;
- ‘Ownet Community’ means the group of people who have been accepted to access additional password controlled features on the website;
- ‘Community Member’ means an individual accepted in to the Ownet Community;
- ‘Community Conversation’ means all discussion features and discussion content available to Community Members through the Website or the App;
- ‘Comment’ means an individual contribution to a discussion or conversation taking place in the Community Conversation;
- ‘User’ means any person using the Services whether that is in the Ownet Community or the publicly available pages of the Website and App and as the context allows means any person booked by another User as an attendee at an event or other meeting organised by Ownet.
- By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions; please read them carefully.
- Data Protection Policy: Ownet will collect the minimum possible personal data and hold it only for the time required to provide the Services and to administer membership of the Ownet Community. Generally, this information will be similar to that provided on a typical business card and does not include sensitive personal data. Personal data which you do supply to us may be transferred to third party service providers to be stored or processed on our behalf, including third parties located outside of the European Economic Area in countries where there may be a lower legal level of data protection. However, we will always endeavour to handle your information with a similar level of security as required by UK law, wherever it is processed. We do not pass User’s personal data to third parties nor use it for mass marketing campaigns however we might use it to make contact with a User to perform or administer the Services.
- You must not misuse the Services and may use them only as permitted by law.
- Using our Services does not give you ownership or intellectual property rights in any of the content that you access or are able to download nor does it give you any right to use any of our branding or logos contained in the Services. Ownet reserves the right at its sole discretion to close, remove, expand or otherwise change the services provided.
- Ownet may occasionally send you notifications, messages or administrative announcements via the Website or the App.
- The Ownet Community is intended primarily as a business networking feature and each Community Member should behave when using the Services in a way consistent with good business conduct and manners. Ownet reserve the right at its own discretion to revoke an individual’s membership of the Ownet Community for any reason and at any time.
- The Community Conversation feature allows Community Members to discuss their views on various topics by posting Comments on the Website or through the App. Community Members agree that any contribution they make to a Community Conversation shall be consistent with a business networking forum and in particular shall not breach any copyright or intellectual property rights of a third party or be inappropriate, offensive or in breach of the law. Any Community Member posting such content shall indemnify Ownet for any costs or losses incurred by Ownet as a result of such a posting.
- The name or username of a Community Member who posts a Comment on the Community Conversation is not visible to other Community Members using the Website or the App. However, that name or username is available to Ownet and this may be used to identify any Community Member who posts inappropriate, offensive or illegal content.
- Ownet does not endorse edit or moderate Comments or other contributions posted by Community Members to the Community Conversation and does not accept any liability for any statement or opinion posted therein.
- Ownet does not accept any liability for the consequence of any decision, loss or other liability incurred by a User as a result of relying on information obtained from use of the Services.
- Ownet does not undertake to keep confidential any Comments or other contributions posted by Community Members to the Community Conversation; Community Members accept that such posts may be seen by others in the same way as if they were posted in a public place.
- Ownet reserves the right at its sole discretion to close any Community Conversation or remove individual Comments.
- The Services include a tool that allows Users to book meetings with Ownet. Ownet undertakes wherever possible to be available for any such meeting but reserves the right without incurring liability to cancel, reschedule, change the location or mode of contact or change the person(s) attending.
- The Services include a tool that allows Users to book attendance at events organised by Ownet. Ownet undertakes wherever possible to hold that event but reserves the right without incurring liability to cancel, reschedule, change the location, content or change the person(s) attending, performing or presenting at such an event. If the User cancels his or her attendance at the event then they accept that Ownet may at its sole discretion retain any monies or other fees paid in advance by the User to attend that event.
- The Services includes a tool that allows Users to request various kinds of business support, advisory or augmentation services from Ownet. Users accept that this process has the status of a ‘request to supply’ and does not constitute a firm contract or other commitment from Ownet until a formal agreement has been reached and approved by both parties.
- The Services includes a tool that allows Users to apply to join Ownet. Users accept that this is simply an introductory process and does not constitute a firm contract, offer of employment or other commitment from Ownet nor is Ownet acting as an employment agency as defined under the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003. Any personal data or sensitive personal data provided by a User during this process shall be handled in accordance with our data protection statement in clause 3.
- Ownet and the User agree that any confidential information of whatever type or format passed to each other as a result of using the tools described in clauses 14, 15 16 and 17 above and during any subsequent process shall be kept confidential and not disclosed to any third party other than as agreed between them or as necessary to perform any action or commitment arising therefrom. This obligation of confidence under these terms and conditions shall continue after the transaction has been completed unless replaced by a more specific non-disclosure agreement between the parties or if the information passes into the public domain through the action of a third party or the party owning that information.
- These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and all disputes shall be decided by the English courts.