Information Ownet Collects
Personal Information includes customer name, business address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other relevant contact details.
Ownet collects Personal Information when you:
- Engage with any of our services directly from Ownet or an Ownet subsidiary;
- Register for any Ownet event or programme, including roundtables, client dinners, other client events, training seminars, surveys, or other promotional activity that we may offer from time to time;
- Subscribe to the Ownet news and publications, or other communications from us;
Contact or communicate with us;
- Request information from us;
- Access or use Ownet pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Linkedin, Facebook or Twitter (“Social Media Pages”);
- Provide or submit comments, suggestions, experiences, or other content to us; and/or;
- Otherwise interact with us and our Online Services.
Information Collected Automatically
When visitors leave comments on our website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
After approval of your comment, your profile is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year.
If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How Ownet Uses Your Information
Ownet uses your Information, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- Project delivery, invoicing, and payment processing;
- Creating and managing your customer account;
- Communicating with you regarding Ownet and its products, services, and events;
- Responding to your enquiries, comments, or postings;
- Administering our events;
- Internal operations such as enhancing our services, marketing efforts, and to conduct product research and analysis;
- Investigating or settling enquires or disputes.
The lawful basis for Ownet using your data is in our legitimate commercial interests and Ownet will never use your data for anything that does not have a legitimate commercial purpose.
Your Rights Regarding Your Information
Access to your information – You have the right to request a copy of your personal information that we hold.
Correcting your information – Ownet strives to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. At any time, you may ask us to correct your personal information
Deletion of your information – You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
However, we may need to retain some of your personal data under some circumstances. for example, where it relates to your previous financial transactions with us and legal requirements.
Restricting how we may use your information – You may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. In this case, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
How Ownet Shares Your Information
We only share your personal data with trusted third parties expressly to support the service we are providing you, such as required software tools, executing a contract with you or fulfilling a legal obligation.
How Long Ownet Retains Your Personal Information
Ownet maintains permanent electronic records of all sales transactions.
Ownet seeks to quickly resolve any complaints regarding how we handle personal information. However, if you are located in the EEA you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority.
Do We Disclose Any Information to Outside Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Contact Information and Further Advice